Friday, July 18, 2014

7/15 - My Final Thought


7/15 - My Final Thought

Here is my Jerry Springer final thought for the most amazing and unbelievable 15 days in the jungle.
As I sat on the plane leaving Lima, I was heartbroken this experience came to an end. I had no idea I would feel this way on this day, no idea that I would form friendships that I know, will last a lifetime. (I actually thought I would be sick of traveling and would have literally jumped speedboat a long time ago!)
Over the past 16 days, my life has been more meaningful than I ever could have imagined. I've seen and done things that scared the H out of me, made me cry happy and sad tears, and made me want to sing out loud at the top of my lungs! The morning and night boat rides on the Amazon River, interacting with the Yagua kids and teachers, holding a baby monkey (and watching one jump on my head!), feeling like I'm on top of the world and the sky's the limit on the canopy, getting a postcard live view of Machu Picchu - I feel re-inspired to live out loud in the classroom and my own life.
I've met so many inspirational people along the way. All of the teachers - so dedicated to their students and wanting to always learn more. The faculty served as mentors for all us - an example to always stay motivated and committed to science. The amazing guides and all of the Peruvians - I learned so much from your knowledge, your lifestyle and what it means to be happy where ever you are. My Amazon BFFs, we became a family overnight in the jungle - I never would have survived without you and I know, our story is just beginning. =)
Above all, the past 15 days have taught me what fills my heart. My desire to learn about different cultures, travel to exotic places and help everyone I can is now stronger than ever. I'm grateful for this opportunity, for the people I met along the way, and for it opening my eyes wide enough to see my happy.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share my adventure with you. I know it was a little cheesy (and hopefully funny) at times, but it's real, it's live and it's all me! Luckily, my journey doesn't end here. I get to experience it all over again next summer, this time with a group of 7+ fortunate students, watching their eyes light up, as mine have over and over again. The magic of the rainforest is not just a filter on my camera (though it is an awesome one) - it's exactly what Dr. Linnea Smith described and I love it!
Now more than ever, my heart is full, I'm living out loud, and my story is just beginning - the future's so bright - I gotta wear shades! :)

I leave you with a slideshow of my favorite pics from the jungle and the 'Chu.
Next stop - no se - the world is my oyster! :)

Here are my favs - kind of a lot! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment